Your privacy is important to us.
Personal Data Protection Policy
PWF is committed to ensuring that personal information is protected and managed in accordance with Singapore laws and international good practice.
Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012 of Singapore establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure, and care of personal data.
PWF recognises that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. PWF is committed to treat all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the relevant data protection laws of Singapore. PWF’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Collection, Storage, Usage and Disclosure of Personal Data
When asking for your Personal Data, PWF is committed to the following:
- explaining why we collect Personal Data;
- collecting only the relevant Personal Data that is reasonably appropriate in the circumstances;
- protecting the Personal Data we are given;
- ensuring that access to Personal Data is restricted to only those who need to; and
- sharing the Personal Data with other organisations only where necessary or with the individual’s consent.
PWF collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you use features on our website;
- When you follow or interact with us on social media;
- When you register and participate in our network
- When you subscribe to our newsletters;
- When you participate in our marketing campaigns;
- When you use any of our services or products;
- When you register for our events or programmes;
- When you submit your resume for job applications;
- When you contact us to share your stories; and
- When you provide us with your name cards at events, campaigns, and meetings.
During the use of our site, computer data known as “cookies” may be sent to, and stored on, your web browser, to enable more convenient browsing when you revisit our website. While you may configure your browser to disable these cookies, please note that you may not be able to access certain part(s) of our site.
Web Analytics by Google Analytics
Our website and mobile or web-based applications may contain web analytic services provided by Google Analytics. This means that the personal data described above in ‘Collection’ (collected through Google Analytics’ cookies) will be sent to Google Analytics for analysis for and behalf of us. The personal data collected by Google Analytics is anonymised but may contain information like your IP address and a unique identifying number if you are using our site and services through a registered account.
If you do not wish for your information to be collected and assessed by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. This add-on instructs Google Analytics to not send your information to Google Analytics. The browser add-on is available for most modern browsers. The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent information from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
PWF relies on different service providers to collect, store, manage, and protect your personal data. Some of these service providers may be located in territories outside of Singapore, and subject to legislations governing their territories. PWF adheres to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012 of Singapore) in managing your personal data under any other equivalent legislation in force within the territories where your data is physically hosted by our service providers.
PWF may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To share with you our latest stories;
- To contact you for programmes which you have signed up for;
- To inform you of programme or event updates;
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To respond to your job application; and
- To notify you if you have won a prize from a competition or lucky draw, and deliver the same to you;
- To be used internally for business and research purposes.
We will not use your Personal Data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties outside of PWF without seeking your consent, unless requested by the relevant government, or law enforcement, agencies in accordance with any laws, rules, guidelines, regulations, or schemes imposed by any governmental authority.
In particular, we may share information, including Personal Data, with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so in the following circumstances: (1) when permitted or required by law; (2) when undertaking preventive action against actual or potential fraud, or unauthorized transactions; or (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Your continued access to or use of the site shall be deemed as your conclusive consent to the purposes for disclosure listed above.
To safeguard your Personal Data, all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data are protected with security technologies.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as there is a business or legal need.
The site may contain hyperlinks to other websites or resources. Similarly, other websites or resources may contain links to the site. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under PWF’s control, and you acknowledge that PWF is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources.
If you are accessing these other websites, please refer to personal data protection policy of these other websites. The inclusion on another website of any link to the site does not imply endorsement by, or affiliation with, PWF. You further acknowledge and agree that PWF shall not be liable for any loss or damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records.
please contact our Data Protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please note that we may not be able to continue providing you with the goods and services previously requested.